Monday, April 2, 2007

The Dutch are now taller than us!

According to scientist on the Today Show today, the Dutch people are now taller than most of the American's. Well I guess I cannot say that I myself am all that surprised, as my dad used to say, and this is an exact quote,"The best part of your daddy ran down your momma's leg", I always assume this to mean his height.

Rather crude statement, that took me several years to catch on to, I don't mind saying, but rather true as my full official height in adulthood is now 5'0"!!!! I am almost a midget. Not that I have anything against midgets or little people, I just would rather not be one, if I didn't have to be. I guess I should be greatful that my legs are rather long, compared to the rest of my body so I don't look all that bad in a nice pair of jeans. ;0)

But I digress....

According to research the dutch man is now almost 3" taller at 5'11" and some centimeters than the average american male at 5'9" tall. And the average dutch woman is 2" taller 5'6" than the average american female ringing in at 5'4" tall. So I really miss the "average" mark there.

My dad by the way is not even average when it comes to height he is only 5'7", so I still got slightly no matter how you look at it as my mom is 5'3", but I still did have the possibility of reaching 5'5"! Imagine that! Not having to look up people's nostrils when you talk to them! That would be a dream come true! haha

Anyways, just wanted to pass on that little tidbit for all of you to chew on. If you are interested in the full article hop on over to Today Show and check it out.

Later,
JennyB

No comments: