Monday, May 14, 2007

Meme tag from Michele - Wikipedia MEME

I was tagged by Michele on her blog about a week ago and I am just now getting the chance to participate. :) Thank you Marie for tagging me, this one should be fun and interesting.

Wikipedia meme. Here what you need to do:

Go to Wikipedia and type your birth date (just month and day) into the search
box. Then list:

3 events that happened on that day in history, then
2 birthdays on that day, and finally
1 death that occurred on that day.

Can you guess when I was born? Just a little trivia question for you. lol

Here goes:

Events:
1600 - Philosopher Giordano Bruno was burnt alive at Campo de' Fiori in Rome, charged of heresy. (Can we say brutal?!?)

1933 - The magazine Newsweek is published for the first time. (I guess I didn't realize that this particular magazine had been around for so long! lol)

1992 - A court in Milwaukee, Wisconsin sentences serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer to life in prison. (He didn't last too long in there, but it was a good day for all of the families that lost loved ones to him)

Birthdays on my birthday:

1818 - Frederick Douglass, American abolitionist (d. 1895) (go Fred!)

1963 - Michael Jordan, American basketball player (gotta love Jordan)

1981 - Paris Hilton, American actress and heiress (Ok I know I was only supposed to do 2 of these, but this one blew me away! Never realized that Paris Hilton was born on the exact same day in the exact same year as I was! Now if she would just start acting like an adult like the rest of us! ;-))

Death on my birthday:


1989 - Lefty Gomez, American baseball player (b. 1908) (I actually remember this one happening.)


Now that was interesting and fun, lets see if I can keep it going with a couple more tags.

Jose, I think you will like this one!
Yogacoffeeoutlook, Hopefully you will try this one, and enjoy it. :)

3 comments:

Michele said...

Ummm... feb,17, 1981? Is that right? Wow, you have some neato stuff... that was good.
Paris Hilton, huh? Lucky you...!
You did well, I'm going to award you the Blogger's Thinking Award... come and get it on my Blog! Copy it and put it on your blogs... both of them... Congratulations!

jenbriese said...

Wow, thanks michele! I will hop on over and do that right now! lol

Michele said...

You're welcome.... hope you are doing well!